Re: Data Captivity in WebApps

Author:Steven Vore
Posted:9/8/2000; 3:26:11 PM
Topic:Data Captivity in WebApps

Pike or Radio Userland (same thing?).

yes, what used to be called Pike became what's known now as Radio Userland.

Is the intention that this free tool will remain free after Beta, and wouldn't it be a good idea to be explicit about that?

I don't believe so. I can't find the message right now (searching for "addicted" should have found it), but Dave has said that Radio UserLand will be a for-sale product at some point the future. I don't belive he's ruled out a lower-functionality free version, but he hasn't specifically said that's in the plans either.

"Free for everyone. The writer's web"

There's free as in beer and free as in speech ";->"