Re: CDDB and freedb

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/10/2000; 2:17:25 PM
Topic:CDDB and freedb

CDDB was acquired by a company in Indiana, they're not from California, and they do a lot of weird things. There's a difference between the people who work in Berkeley and the people who own the company. As people I want very much to work with them. The ideas are very good, and the database is quite complete, and the people I was meeting with are very knowledgable about music on the Internet. There's lots to learn here. That's one of my major things, what's behind the curtain could be quite complex, but if there are bright minds who like to have fun, try to learn from them.

I've known Ann and Julian for many years. They're good people. Ann was telling me three years ago that I would be eventually be using her technology. I doubted it and I was direct and told her so. A few days ago I sent her an email saying "You were right." I love sending those kinds of emails.