Re: Get this DG by email!

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/10/2000; 3:34:31 PM
Topic:Discuss by email?

You did it in the wrong order. First explain what you want to do, then ask if it's OK. I would do the same if you operated a server. Now I'm sure I don't want my postings going out that way. I use the editor to revise my messages. I assume other people do the same. That's the other side of the equation. When I looked at adding this feature that was my deciding factor. I could have done it by changing a single pref for the site, but decided not to do it, because it would change the culture, and this group has been here since Oct 1998 and decided it was too old to change that. So please turn your service off. Thanks.