Re: Get this DG by email!

Author:Jacob Levy
Posted:9/11/2000; 9:31:54 AM
Topic:Discuss by email?

Dave

The XML files are available for anyone to take, right? Didn't you advertize them yourself? If Aaron and/or Isaac clearly marked this as a repackaged Discuss.Userland.Com DG, would there be a problem? Is your intent that these XML files *not* be used for aggregation?

I'm confused now. The confusion goes for me to the root of the issue that you make your content available via XML; once its in that format, how do you exercise control over what uses people make of it?

If the issue is copyright, is the XML clearly marked to be copyrighted? I'm looking at the DG, can't find a copyright notice on this page or any other.

Thanks for listening. I'm asking these questions because I truly don't understand the problem, not because I want to flame :)

--Jacob