Re: Venues for personality issues

Author:David McCusker
Posted:9/15/2000; 12:15:57 PM
Topic:Venues for personality issues

Joshua Allen: Whenever someone criticizes me personally, I figure the following are the possibilities:

You left one out -- perfection's not possible with no global optimum.

Often folks talk to each other with mostly incommensurable value systems in mind. Right, wrong, and perfection hardly fit in the picture when things can't be directly compared. Also, logic often doesn't work, except at several levels removed in meta space.

How individuals respond to this is one of the ways personality might be categorized, almost right up there with introversion and extroversion.