Re: Crossgain vs Lightsurf

Author:Joshua Allen
Posted:9/22/2000; 2:43:32 PM
Topic:Crossgain vs Lightsurf

Hi Ralph,

Speaking of the "Who's been viewing this site" box, what do you think of the feature that Amazon.com exposes which lets you see what the favorite books of people at various domains are? You can see what books people at ibm.com like and so on. I know it freaks out alot of people, but I personally think it is awesome!

As for the secrecy thing, it is fairly common for startups to jealously hide what their plans are until they are certain they have enough of a head start to make money off of their idea. Some companies go so far in stealth mode as to keep their company name a secret until the last minute. You could probably find alot about crossgain (beyond press releases) just by doing searches at news.com, zdnet, idg, etc. Other than that, I guess I would have to say you just have to understand it's a competetive world, and especially with these startups, companies can be made or lost by tipping their hands to early..