Re: Cheney?

Author:Chaz Larson
Posted:9/26/2000; 9:18:05 AM
Topic:Cheney?

I've read that scenario somewhere else; I was thinking it was Salon. I can't track it down right now, but it was a tongue-in-cheek article about the Cheney selection. Powell said he didn't want to campaign, and Cheney has those health issues.

Summary, as I remember it:

Cheney would do the grunt work of campaigning, then would be hit with a health crisis [and who would look askance at the man for dropping out with a bad heart]. Then, close to the election [no substantive campaigning to do...], who would be there to fill his shoes? Why, Colin Powell. America loves Colin Powell. He's stepping up when his party and country need him [again]. He's got charisma. It would be the Democrat's worst nightmare.

Now, if only I could find the original article... ;)