Re: Foreign Aid

Author:Donald W. Larson
Posted:9/26/2000; 3:54:34 PM
Topic:Cheney?

It's too late, they're already blurred. Not by politicians, but by businessmen.

Ask a citizen who lives in any of the political map boundaries from what country are they a citizen of. More than likely they will give a country name and not an IP address. Just because there is global commerce does not mean nationalities don't mean things to people. Dream on!

If you're reading this, you're using a computer, which means you're already affected by goings-on across those borders. Unless you can manage to remove all imported items from your life, you're going to have a hard time being an isolationist.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I'm not against global commerce. I strongly believe in global commerce. My arguments are along the lines of American military police actions and Foreign Aid and the money spent there as opposed to fixing what needs it in America.

I don't believe that global commerce exists because of American policies. That would say again that we Americans know what's best for everyone and we don't!

I hope that's been clear as I've been pushing this point for a few hours now. :-)

Don