Question about OPML

Author:Paul Howson
Posted:9/26/2000; 6:31:54 PM
Topic:Question about OPML

From reading the OPML spec, it appears that the text for a node is stored in the "text" attribute of the node. So, for example, if I were writing an article in an outliner, each paragraph would be a node and the text of each paragraph would be contained in the "text" attribute for that node.

Would this not prevent including other elements within the text (of the paragraph)? How would bold text be encoded or extended characters which might require xml entities? I'm under the impression such things cannot be included in attribute text and that in xml one would normally use element text for such things.