Re: high esteem

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/28/2000; 7:46:38 AM
Topic:high esteem

Thanks Andrew. Going to Fiji doesn't sound as interesting as going back to Italy. I also want to go back to Radio UserLand. I've gotten a little distance as I let Brent and Jake take over for me.

We need to figure out what the top-level feature is. It does so many things. The next step is to provide an application format for RU, and we're going to put many of the sub-menus of RU into that format, to serve as sample code, and to give it something to do.

That's where HTML Directories, the weblog, Live Outlines, etc are going. Now with the center stage cleared, what does Radio UserLand do? That's my next thinking project. Not much time to do the thinking as the market is developing right now. I'm meeting with Halsey Minor later this morning and some important VCs next week to talk about RU. I think this is my *real* work.

And also seeing the KnowNow software yesterday, a total Mind Bomb, reminded me that I haven't thought of everything. I didn't know we could do the things they already do. That it was made possible by SOAP makes it all the sweeter.

It's rare that you see work that redefines your work, and gives it new meaning. That's why I do what I do -- to be in position to see these things early so I can have my mind explode in new ways every day.