Re: Vote of confidence

Author:Russell Lipton

Though still a newbie, I agree 100% (also with the "high esteem" post in today's DG) and feel bad that my own way of articulating my own support has occasionally been troublesome to Dave.

(Discursus: considering that this is a corporate site, after all, what has been remarkable is the degree to which Dave does clue-trainishly accept push-back, not the degree to which he forbids it).

Userland, Scripting News and this DG are uniquely valuable to the industry. I believe RU will make it possible to make these endeavors even more collaborative and revolutionary within the next year.

I don't believe Dave can release the DG, or necessarily should (it's not up to me, of course)! It could be handed to a moderator(s) but active oversight of DGs (and wise moderator participation) is essential to their health. Otherwise, they are inevitably dominated by noise and nasties. That way, Dave could comment as he wished without having all the 24x7 of it or the low blows.

(Again, this isn't a recommendation, just a comment on your post).