Re: Vote of confidence

Author:Dave Winer

Russell, an oversight group would be very welcome. That's the way to grow. As the negativism grows, organize a positive equivalent.

Provide a forum for gripes, give them a chance to be heard, and decide if there's a professional or ethical question that I need to look at. That way I could say that my ethical oversight group has not raised any issues with me, I don't have to respond to ethical challenges that haven't passed through this filter. That would free up about 50 percent of my time. I'm not kidding.

Without any organization to filter these challenges, my work is totally diluted. Look at all the writing I had to do yesterday, and look at how thoughtless many of the challenges are.

BTW, I would be willing to be on the oversight board for other independent Web writers. It's something we could do for each other.