Re: Anti-trust problem or opportunity?

Author:Lawrence Lee
Posted:11/27/1998; 2:17:27 PM
Topic:Anti-trust problem or opportunity?

It's wierd, I've been watching hours of New Media hearings by the Canadian television/radio/telecom regulator (CRTC) and they are talking about web stuff that seem so foreign to a place which churns out obscure rulings about rate increases at telcos/cable companies.

Last night CPAC (our CSPAN) which does some interesting broadcasting hosted a round table with the panel head, someone from B'nai Brith and a reporter covering the hearings and a moderator. What got me during the program was when the reporter asked the question: How did the CRTC get involved? (paraphrase)