Re: Innovation

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:11/30/1998; 11:57:24 AM
Topic:What if there were a third browser?

>>There's a lot left to do!

No kidding.

I'm delighted to hear that Scripting News people feel that way. I do too. All those analysts talking to the ZDNN reporter are so grim. No, a web browser is not like a TCP stack. It's got a user interface. And the web itself is not like a TCP stack. It's like a library.

I think all the smart people in the world should get together and build themselves a web browser. I don't mind using the Mozilla source code, but you can't trust John Doerr or Bill Gates to do it for you.

They really just want the money. God bless em. But I'd like to see some progress made in software. That's why I'm here at least.

Dave