Re: Like fighting City Hall

Author:Robert Krajewski
Posted:12/1/1998; 6:29:23 AM
Topic:Sun's AOL Press Release

I think Sun's anti-Mac stance is irrational. It is not a big deal to support the Mac but the view from outside looks like they go out of their way not to support it, even saying nice things about the fact that Java runs on the Mac or that Sun has never had to twist Apple's arm about full JVM compliance.

With the way that Apple's JVM is evolving, I expect it newer versions (MRJ 2.1) and later to run Java platform 1.1 code faster than typical Windows hardware with Sun's own JRE.