Re: Like fighting City Hall

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/1/1998; 7:21:54 AM
Topic:Sun's AOL Press Release

I agree with you, totally!

McNealy must be a smart man. When he says Write Once Run Anywhere is the way to go, it *has* to include the Mac, and it does include the Mac. From everything we've heard Apple is doing excellent work on the Mac Java runtime. Why not sell the benefit? What could he possibly fear from the Mac? They have nothing like the Mac at Sun. Solaris sure doesn't compete with it. It's a good alternative to Windows, it really is.

If McNealy were here I'd ask him about that, but he isn't. If you know his email address, send it to me privately and I'll send him an invitation pointing him to this thread.

Dave