Navigation

Author:fisherm@tce.com
Posted:12/1/1998; 11:15:39 AM
Topic:What if there were a third browser?

The element was introduced in HTML 2.0, but even now Netscape and Microsoft don't support it. I for one am tired of fussing with providing navigational buttons -- browsers using could do a much better job than I can by hand (because each browser user could set up their navigation buttons the way they want, instead of being forced into my arrangement).

While we're at it, regular expressions in Edit -> Find in Page would be nice (and not exactly rocket science, as I coded a version of regular expression matching for my own use in the early 1980's)...