Re: Person of the Millenium? - Leonardo

Author:Stéphane Volet
Posted:12/1/1998; 12:49:23 PM
Topic:Person of the Millenium?

It's something friends and I had discussed back in 1987 while considering composing an opera - of all things! - based on culinary writings from Leonardo's notebooks!..

Leonardo da Vinci didn't do much to change our lives, but he sure managed to represent so many aspects of (western) modernist culture within the same persona ...(something that wouldn't even be conceivable for a unique individual in our time)...

...and one thing is sure and certain: the (western) modernist culture (or the culture of «progress» and «development») has had a significant impact on the world we live in...