Re: Runtime environment on Linux

Author:Ian Beatty
Posted:12/5/1998; 12:18:30 PM
Topic:Zope vs. Frontier

So if I understand you properly, you're looking to build a "Linux Frontier" on top of another application such as Zope, rather than making it a standalone application like it is in MacOS and NT. That sounds strange to me...

... Have you heard of "Wine" (http://www.winehq.com/about.html), an environment for porting Win32 aps to Unix/Linux? That's somewhat analogous (but inverse to) what Tenon did with WebTen, fusing Apache with their MachTen code to bring it to the mac.

But I don't mean to tell you how to run your business; I'm sure you know far, far more about it than I. I'm just being a curious Frontier groupie.

Best of luck.

-- Ian