New hardware

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/9/1998; 11:26:36 AM
Topic:Technography

A sidenote, we're investing in new hardware to run the search engine. It should get a lot faster soon. It's running on a slow Pentium. It will run on a dual-CPU 450Mhz Pentium Pro with 256MB. I told Brent to buy his dream machine for the search engine. I'm using it so much now, its performance is really an issue for me. Same with this server. We're working on performance with new passion. I want this thing to be blazing fast. Dave