Re: Criminal Sexuality

Author:David Weingart
Posted:12/15/1998; 12:57:11 PM
Topic:DaveNet comments

>The thing that has angered me more than anything in recent days is just how dumb Americans are.

I think you're wrong here. I think Americans have a pretty good understanding of what exactly "high crimes and misdemeanors" are. And that the appropriate way to punish Clinton is _not_ through impeachment.

If "impeachment" meant actual removal from office, it wouldn't be happening. This impeachment is happening precisely because the House Republicans know the Senate will not remove Clinton from office. It's consequence-free pandering to the religious right.