Re: It's like standing in an ice cream parlour

Author:Jim Roepcke
Posted:1/9/1999; 10:59:04 AM
Topic:How Frontier Changed My Life

Dave,

We never got the "slate" (clipboard sized) Newton we expected, but the Newton MessagePad's (and eMate's) built-in draw editor does what you want, you can draw messy looking squares, rectanges, circles, triangles, parallelograms, etc, and it (by default, optionally) cleans them up and makes them look nice. And when you draw lines between them it does it's best to hook them up nicely.

Let's just hope that Apple's P1 has a touch screen and some of Newton's pen Intelligence.

I ditto James' desire -- I want a bright, flexible LCD display that's the size of a desk pad (18"x24") that is touch and pen sensitive that has handwriting recognition.

I hoped that by supporting the Newton, (I bought three of them) Apple would eventually get there. "Patience, grasshopper".

Jim