A space shuttle with wooden seats

Author:Matt c
Posted:1/9/1999; 1:30:15 PM
Topic:How are we doing? (5.1.5)

There's tons of new innovation in the guts of Frontier. That's great! We're going places, fast. But little innovation in the interface. It's like flying a space shuttle with wooden seats. Maybe elegant, but a bit uncomfortable.

Here's a couple features that would make Frontier more comfortable:

Customizable Syntax Highlighting- By speeding the time it takes to recognize code, auto color coding would make Frontier more useable, and increase everyone's productivity. It should be customizable, so that we could add support for other scripting languages.

Tooltips- If I type xml.getPathAddress, It'd be great if a tooltip popped up with, xml.getPathAddress(adrTable, path, adrResult). You just can't go wrong with such a feature. It'd save thousands of docserver lookups.

Matt c.