Re: A space shuttle with wooden seats

Author:Philip Suh
Posted:1/10/1999; 6:37:26 PM
Topic:How are we doing? (5.1.5)

There's tons of new innovation in the guts of Frontier. That's great! We're going places, fast. But little innovation in the interface. It's like flying a space shuttle with wooden seats. Maybe elegant, but a bit uncomfortable.

What a funny metaphor--I like it.

My other favorite metaphor for Frontier is about the ODB. I've always felt that the ODB is this huge house, with rooms added on over the years by different people in different styles. It's the Winchester Mansion of software!

Finally, we're getting away from that, GDB's make that possible.