Nirvana timeout problem?

Author:Hannes Wallnöfer
Posted:1/23/1999; 5:15:27 AM
Topic:Suggestion for the Discussion software

I'm experiencing an annoying problem with the discuss.userland.com and www.scriptingnews.com sites. When I retrieve a longer page, e.g. the main listing for a busy day, the page stops loading after what seems to be 10 or 15 seconds. If the page hasn't loaded in that time, Netscape won't display anything except the page heading (IE will display what's loaded).

My net connection isn't particularly slow, I'm just in another continent, so I guess others could experience the same problem. Is this a timeout problem on the server?