Re: Membership RPC handlers

Author:Chuck Shotton
Posted:2/11/1999; 6:05:35 AM
Topic:Membership RPC handlers

Are the formats for the various payloads sent in the "RPC" RPC documented somewhere? I noticed that the link that started all this had content that was of type "SCPT", which is obviously a Frontier script.

This points up an ongoing need for a RPC registry, much like the old (failed) AppleEvent registry that Apple sponsored for about 6 months. I could envision even something as simple as a variation on these discussion forums where RPC authors can post method names, arguments, expected behaviors, a link to a test server, etc. At least there would be one place to look for info on existing, public RPCs.