Need more info on cXML/e-commerce XML (and FUD)

Author:Matthew Dornquast
Posted:2/17/1999; 10:51:48 AM
Topic:Need more info on cXML/e-commerce XML (and FUD)

I'm looking for more technical information cXML (commerce XML). A press release from ARIBA on Feb 8th here.

It states "(cXML was) Developed in concert with more than 40 leading companies, cXML is a set of lightweight XML DTDs"

Anyone have any info? There are no links to additional info in release and my search through the Internet (Web, Usenet, etc) revealed a total sum of (0) documents with the word "cXML" in them. _Shocking_ given the support and number of participants.

Background: You would think, with as much talk that's going on with words like "e-commerce", "xml", "application servers" that this stuff would be beyond the FUD stage. As far as XML and e-commerce are concerned, it appears everyone has been rolling their own.

I did find some info on XML-EDI. I'm not in love there.

We're using XML-RPC. It's very easy, does the job. However I want to tweak the XML a bit and can then could no longer state we're using a standard. That seems counter productive.

I don't feel like creating yet another standard so.. I'd love to look into cXML. Any info would be much appreciated. (Or other links to XML/RPC e-commerce type articles/info)

-Matthew