DG and Umlaute (ä and friends)

Author:Christoph Pingel
Posted:2/19/1999; 5:16:48 AM
Topic:DG and Umlaute (ä and friends)

Sorry I have to bring this one up once more.

I'm running Frontier 6 in our small network from a Mac. Everything works fine, logon, e-mail replies, cookies, etc., but there's still this problem with "Umlauten" (see title): The message wich is finally displayed shows things like [cedilla] for a ü and similar things. It looks exactly like a Windows formated German text without translation to the Mac charset.

I remember that we had this one already, but a search for "Umlaut" finds nothing.

Now, we'd like to build a CM and editorial system for small companies' and broadcast stations' web sites, and we are in Germany, so we have to get rid of this problem.

Are there any hints? Am I missing something? Where exactly is the parsing of a posted message done inside Frontier? (I hope it's not kernelized....)

Thanks for any input, and I must add: Apart from these problems, Frontier 6 is simply mindblowing.