Re: DG and Umlaute (ä and friends)

Author:Brent Simmons
Posted:2/19/1999; 11:25:52 AM
Topic:DG and Umlaute (ä and friends)

This is a Mac issue. Here's a possible fix -- not necessarily the one we'll use -- but still interesting to see if it works for you as it does on my Mac.

First, make sure mainResponder is up-to-date. Then jump to mainResponder.respond.

Expand the the "on core ()" block.

Scroll about 3/4ths the way down this block, and expand the block that reads:

case string.upper (adrparamtable^.method) //initialization based on method

Expand the "POST" block.

Expand the "else" block.

Add these lines to the end of the "else" block:

if system.environment.isMac

   local (i)

   for i = 1 to sizeOf (adrparamtable^.postArgs)

      adrparamtable^.postArgs [i] = latinToMac.convert (adrparamtable^.postArgs [i])

What this does

It converts incoming POST args from latin to Mac text.

Warning

This may not be the way this is fixed finally. But any fix will most likely use the latinToMac.convert verb, so that's what we're testing here.