Re: My Poor Desktop

Author:Luke Tymowski
Posted:2/19/1999; 1:19:15 PM
Topic:My Poor Desktop

It's a bug. IE is ignoring the setting. You'll have to edit the registry to change your web page font. Glad to know that MS is making their software easier and easier to use. (I know, it's beta software, but I couldn't resist.)

I was able to get IE to use a different font only by editing the registry, logging out of NT, and logging back in.

Call up regedit. Go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/International/1252 Right click on IEPropFontName Type in Arial (though i recommend Verdana)

Exit Regedit Log out Log back in.

And as MS always says, if you edit your registry be prepared to lose everything if you blink the wrong way!