Re: possible way to do xml-rpc in dreamweaver

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:2/24/1999; 8:53:09 PM
Topic:possible way to do xml-rpc in dreamweaver

I was frustrated to find that I cannot tell DW to "put" or "get" via scripting, but one thing DW can do is tell a browser to fetch any arbitrary URL. so perhaps DW might do some munging on a file then send the result as a http GET to some form - with the document it changed part of the result.... I'm still brainstorming here.

So DW could make changes dynamically to the local version of a site, but to get it uploaded to a server will need another "bucketeer" in the bucket brigade.

But DW _can_ open any browser URL you ask it to - so if there is a way to pass on the message to another thingy via an http request - dw could do this.

Sorry if this is too far off-topic - I'm thinking the more DW could do, the more Frontier could tell it to do!

The docs for DW are here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/down_extend.html

(how to extend Dreamweaver)