Information Flow in Frontier 6

Author:Christoph Pingel
Posted:3/1/1999; 9:17:58 AM
Topic:Information Flow in Frontier 6

Suppose I have a "web app" like mailtothefuture.root, called rainbow.root. I want people to log on like for discuss or mttf.

I tried to copy the functionality from mttf, but a new user is redirected to "htmlinterfaces/logon", which is not what I want. I need a separate interface for this.

There's important information in the pagetable, but I can't figure out how to use it. What do I have to do so that people get to "rainbow/logon"?

In other words: Could someone describe the logic of config.urls, config.domains, pagetables, macros (which build the logon pages, for example) and POST parameters in a way such that I can apply this logic to any new server app I build? (I know the information is there, but I can't figure out what's going on exactly, there are so many "variables" to take into account...)

Now, here's my deal: As soon as I understand, I'll put a chart online visualizing everything for other F6 newbies. ;)

Thanks for any input.

Christoph