Re: Information Flow in Frontier 6

Author:Christoph Pingel
Posted:3/2/1999; 3:21:10 AM
Topic:Information Flow in Frontier 6

Is this the "more special overwrites more general" approach? From the standpoint of an average brain (cognitively), this works with hierachical structures, but not with parallel structures (like information distributed over guest databases). I'd rather have a table config.rainbow.urls so that my configuration can rest in ONE place.

Otherwise, I'd always have to remember rules like this: "If someones tries to log on to your server app and is not yet logged on, then the person will be routed to the discussion group's logon page unless you have a URLs table defined in the scope of the current website table."

On the other hand, if it's like this, so be it, but I want to *understand* why.

In this context, I'm beginning to understand that htmlinterfaces.root is nothing more than the container for the *discussion group's* html interfaces, while the name of this db seems to pretend something more general: the place to store *all* html interfaces.