Re: Information Flow in Frontier 6

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:3/2/1999; 3:44:21 AM
Topic:Information Flow in Frontier 6

In this context, I'm beginning to understand that htmlinterfaces.root is nothing more than the container for the *discussion group's* html interfaces, while the name of this db seems to pretend something more general: the place to store *all* html interfaces.

In the architecture of Frontier 6, Discussion Groups are central, so being an HTML interface on content stored in a DG is a good thing. It means that your content gets an Edit this Page button. That's a pretty big deal in my book.

The reason why we have overrides for config.mainresponder.urls is to give you more power. If you don't want to use it you don't have to. But if you want a second or third (or fourth or fifth) DG on your server you do have to understand how to override the URLs table.