config.mainresponder.domains

Author:Christoph Pingel
Posted:3/2/1999; 7:49:43 AM
Topic:Information Flow in Frontier 6

In the architecture of Frontier 6, Discussion Groups are central, so being an HTML interface on content stored in a DG is a good thing.

Sure. I didn't imply that this is not a good thing, it just contradicts my expectations in two ways: DG has an external htmlinterfaces part (which mailtothefuture doesn't have), while the messages are stored inside discuss.root (but the messages of mttf are stored in members.root, which, BTW, *also* serves as a part of the discussion group, but only for member information, not the messages...)

The reason I describe this in detail is to make you aware that there are already *several* paradigms of information architecture in Frontier as of today: Sometimes the content is stored separately from member information/or/html-interfaces, sometimes not; sometimes overrides are valid, sometimes not -- I'm afraid that I'll get lost, not *in* the root, but *between* them.

So, I just keep asking (I have a visual chart to do...;-))

config.mainresponder.domains

I get an error 500 when I try to notate domains in config.mainresponder.domains like this: ["Mac HD:Frontier:Nirvana Server:rainbow.root"].index

The error goes "file '[....].index' not found". Is something misconfigured here? If I omit the trailing ".index", everything is o.k. (perhaps I should add here that ".index" exists.)