Re: config.mainresponder.domains

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:3/2/1999; 8:13:05 AM
Topic:Information Flow in Frontier 6

I get an error 500 when I try to notate domains in config.mainresponder.domains like this: ["Mac HD:Frontier:Nirvana Server:rainbow.root"].index

It keys off the type of the object. It looks like an address. Perhaps you have it set up as a string? The docs on config.mainResponder.domains are clear, I think. The routing depends on the type of the object.

BTW, about the difference between members.root and discuss.root, I'm planning on putting in a feature request shortly after the release of 6.0 that would allow a discussion root to be stored in a member storage area, or maybe just the HTML rendering of a discussion root. In other words, like Frontier always has been, there's a lot of flexibility in what can be stored where. It's only going to get worse! (And that flexibility is a good thing, usually the answer to the Can I Do It? question in Frontier is Yes. That's why.)

Stay with the program, I think it all is understandable. It took me a couple of months to grok it..