Re: Ecco and cheap software

Author:Larry Yudelson
Posted:3/5/1999; 1:45:48 PM
Topic:Frontier and PIM's

In my poverty days, I used an unregistered copy of PCOutline on my Toshiba 1000 (7 hour battery life!) for almost everything. Then I bought Ecco, through several upgrades.

Dave, you blame the consumer for not being willing to pay $1/day for software. I think more of the blame lies with MS, which consistently introduces products for free in order to eliminate the competition. It was the free bundling of Microsoft Outlook with Office which finally did in Ecco.

I suspect that PhotoDraw will ultimately have the same effect on Adobe.