Re: StarOffice 5.0

Author:Chris Sutton

That is exactly what I'm looking for. Not that I do much in Office other than look at things people send me.

Hopefully this file format compatibility problem will slowly go away. Before Office 98 for the Mac came out, it was like pulling teeth to get people we communicated with to "save down" Word 97 files to Word 6.

But what is the chance that Office 2000 will use a text based open (XML) format. They would be giving away their biggest monopoly.