Milestone: Frontier reads Slashdot.org

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:3/14/1999; 1:26:54 PM
Topic:Milestone: Frontier reads Slashdot.org

I just spent a couple of hours working on a script that reflects the contents of Slashdot's ultramode.txt file.

http://nirvana.userland.com/slashdot.root/slashDotSite/

It runs once an hour, on demand, parses the ultramode file and updates a table of stories that have appeared on their site starting on 3/14/99.

We will use this code to add links to stories that appear on their site and sites that are Slashdot-compatible to our just-in-time search engine, currently in development.