Re: Weblogs.com

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:3/14/1999; 1:37:38 PM
Topic:Weblogs.com

Jorn, I have a script that I already have shared with Lawrence Lee, that turns my text for each day into a format file.

Perhaps Lawrence will be able to pick up the ball here and give you the modified version of the script that he uses for Tomalak's Realm.

My script only assumed that the text, when converted to a string, would have double-carriage-returns separating each item. It then parsed the HTML to produce the XML. I never would have done it if it meant changing the way I enter text for Scripting News.

Here's a pointer to the script I'm using, but I think you'd be much better off getting the script from Lawrence if he's willing to share.