Re: domains vs doctree in mainresponder

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:3/17/1999; 7:11:12 PM
Topic:domains vs doctree in mainresponder

However, if I want to keep the exact same website structure, how can I point to static html files at the topmost level of the website if I set up some type of control structure--a table?

Point to the files from elements at the top level of the database.

A filespec is legal and when mainResponder.respond encounters one, it serves it.

Also, be sure to read the page on how the domains table works. I don't understand some of your questions, it may be possible that some of what you're looking for is already documented.