Re: Branded For Life

Author:Jason Domina

Sure AltaVista and Excite can make their own version of the browser, but one of the key things this article doesn't mention is that you and I can also create our own browser extensions. I'm very excited about the possibilities. You can create context menu items, tool bar buttons, and explorer bars. And all of the content for these widgets can come from html pages! You don't have to be a COM or C++ guru to do it. The full documentation for these features are at:

http://www.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/ext/overview/overview.asp