Re: How are we doing?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:4/5/1999; 9:27:39 AM
Topic:How are we doing?

We know what's needed to make Frontier ISP-friendly, but the features aren't in yet.

The dynamic features in Frontier 6 can be used by the sole practitioner, not on a LAN or without a server on the public net. For example, it's a lot easier to work on a site in dynamic mode, you can cause a re-render to happen just by refreshing the web browser display. Also, I've been running a personal DG for quite some time, it's a very useful thing because it's so easy to edit the text on the site and (I have a full-time net connection) when I'm away from my office I can tap into my to-do list easily.

That said, we have moved more towards building powerful server software, and in doing so, of course, those features require that Frontier be running on a server. We will turn again to workstation stuff and that *won't* require a server, but that comes in a few months.

Hope this helps...