Re: Search Engine installation diary

Author:Darcy Clark
Posted:4/8/1999; 11:08:43 AM
Topic:Search Engine installation diary

After I have installed the discussion group and got it working, my messages were being shunted into discuss.root by default. As such, I added a reference to user.databases pointing to this database. Out of the box, my discuss.root doesn't have a #search table. On your suggestion, I have added a #search table to my discussion group table - messages are still not being indexed until I manually run the mainResponder.search.utilities.indexDiscussionGroup.

Thanks for your help Brent - I realize that debugging stuff remotely is difficult.

I am at the point now where I am going to wait for the final release, where hopefully the new features will be configured to work out of the box a little better. As a newbie, I don't have the experience with Frontier to be able to easily hunt down some of the more obscure settings - all I can do is follow instructions (which I have done). I still think Frontier 6 is going to be cool and potentially very useful for many of the projects I have planned.