Re: Frontier runtime

Author:Bruce Hoult

This is the perennial question, we tried doing a Frontier Runtime in the early 90s, but it's impossible to draw a line that works.

We invariably become limited to using functionality that's only in the runtime.

We want to build on all the functionality that's in Frontier.

A "Linux runtime" frontier could be as simple as porting Frontier by stubbing out all the GUI calls. Leave 'em in the code, but turn them into NOPs.

I'd rather see a full GUI Frontier on Linux, but a runtime version would be great too.