Archive of UserLand's first discussion group, started October 5, 1998.
Wish list for Frontier 6.x
Author: Lixian B. Chiu Posted: 4/14/1999; 2:06:09 PM Topic: Wish list for Frontier 6.x Msg #: 5017 Prev/Next: 5016 / 5018
1) A callback mechanism for search engine indexing 2) A callback mechanism for searching the index
These two are mainly for double byte search. We will keep all the other search engine scripts (such as ranking, building result, XML-RPC...), but to make the search engine "double-byte aware", we need a different alogorithm to do the search and indexing.
3) A callback for the parsing the postargs so that we can convert the posted data into UTF-8 or other encoding.
4) Do not hard code any "text" into the scripts. For example, in mainResponder.discuss.editMessageForm, we have a line:
It would be great if we do something like the #urls table:
" + pta^.labels.Text + "
while we put all label text in the #labels table.
There are responses to this message:
- Re: Wish list for Frontier 6.x, , 4/14/1999; 4:07:03 PM
- Re: Wish list for Frontier 6.x, George Bray, 4/17/1999; 6:04:13 AM
- Re: Do not hard code any "text" into the scripts, Tommy Sundström, 4/17/1999; 7:51:42 AM
This page was archived on 6/13/2001; 4:49:21 PM.
© Copyright 1998-2001 UserLand Software, Inc.