Re: Demystifying Frontier

Author:Patrick Connors
Posted:4/23/1999; 5:05:52 PM
Topic:Demystifying Frontier

Aha. In that case, I'm glad to be keeping tabs on Frontier, even though I currently need to use Perl for my CGI work.

Because what I'd like to see is a standalone Frontier server running on Linux. Full-featured, all the Web bells and whistles. I'd update its database using a Frontier client on my PC. It sort of looks like you may be moving in that direction.

Performance would absolutely scream, I suspect, on a Unix box without the overhead of Windows or Mac graphics.

I'm staying tuned for sure.