Re: Idiots are everywhere

Author:Mike Murry

which is to sit back and watch these people being murdered

I know it sounds cold and insensitive, but sometimes the answer is yes. Now, before I get jumped on let me explain. I believe in non-violence. I believe in it with every ounce of my being. I believe in it because as a teenager I was a very violent and angry person and know what it is like being on the other side. It took me along time to realize that violence, in any form, is wrong. I still struggle with this every day. But like the man who beats his wife because his father beat his mother, violence is a cycle that has to be broken. Someone has to have the courge to say enough is enough.

Men like Milosovic, Hitler, etc are made by the society we create. A non-violent society, for the most part, would never breed men like this. Maybe this is an idealistic dream, but I truly believe we are capable of it. And yes, it will take time to make this world. I may not see it, but the world I live in is not the world I what our children to inherit. I want better for them.

Because I'm a pacifist, people love to play the "what-if" game with me. "What if someone broke into your house to kill your family and you had to kill him?" The instinctive, baser part of me says yes, kill him. But I'm more than that. I have morals and values that define who I am. This is the part that makes me who I am, not the animal part of me. The intelligent, thinking part of me says I have two choices - TAKE a life to save a life, or GIVE a life to save a life. I choose the latter.