Re: Designing Accessible Websites

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/7/1999; 7:32:50 AM
Topic:Designing Accessible Websites

Forgive me for be-bopping when I should be doing the twist, but isn't designing an inaccessible site imposing your values on other people?

Hardly. Until recently it hadn't crossed my mind that there were issues here. Everyone has a different point of view. Everyone has a different cause. Even if all the web sites were accessible to everyone, there would be another problem that comes along that makes the world a fucked up place for someone.

Personally, I think that breaking the logjam on encryption is that kind of issue. But I don't think everyone shares that view.