Re: Installing RedHat 6.0

Author:Bruce Hoult
Posted:5/10/1999; 10:04:47 AM
Topic:Installing RedHat 6.0

Just dive right in, Dave. Chances are that (once you've got the disk partitioned) it will Just Work (TM). If you don't want to get fancy you only need two partitions: root and swap. Swap should be of type swap and up to 128 MB in size. Root should be of type ext2 (or Linux standard or something) and be the rest of your disk. You can get fancier but why bother. The mount point for root is called "/".

I've got RH 5.2 on a Pentium Pro 200 HP NetServer E-40. Works great.

If you've got questions just ask them.

I'd recommendjust doing a default install and see if it works. You can always do another one if you find something that doesn't.